Monday 8 October 2012

Chinese Characters

Chinese Characters

The good people at the excellent Browser.com website recently asked me to contribute a (biographies and memoirs) to their "Five Books" feature. I was delighted to be able to do this, but quickly found it a challenge to limit myself to just a quintet of suggested works. Limiting myself to books focusing on the last couple of centuries helped a bit, but I still ended up having to leave out four favorite books: Robert Bickers', Henrietta Harrison's,Sang Ye's,and Lijia Zhang's Now, having begun to read and finding myself greatly impressed by a brand new book, Joseph Esherick's, I've got a final title to make my list of works that could've-been-chosen, a list exactly as long as my list of actually-chosen books. Now, I'll have a top ten list ready to go--should Browser.com ever decide to offer hungry readers beefed up editions of their lists, as a kind of online counterpart to the longer director's cuts of films that sometimes come out on DVD.

Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 Chinese Characters

 

No comments:

Post a Comment